Saturday 30 October 2010

Bad Girls Don't Die review

Okay, I'm sorry for completely neglecting the blog this week guys. I was at my dads house and the internet connection kind of sucks up there, but I have got loads of reading done this week, so  should have lots of reviews coming up soon, as well as a special Halloween post that may or may not involve me meeting Becca Fitzpatrick. Anyway, on to the reveiw :)


Alexis thought she led a typically dysfunctional high school existence. Dysfunctional like her parents' marriage; her doll-crazy twelve-year-old sister, Kasey; and even her own anti-social, anti-cheerleader attitude.
When a family fight results in some tearful sisterly bonding, Alexis realizes that her life is creeping from dysfunction into danger. Kasey is acting stranger than ever: her blue eyes go green sometimes; she uses old-fashioned language; and she even loses track of chunks of time, claiming to know nothing about her strange behavior. Their old house is changing, too. Doors open and close by themselves; water boils on the unlit stove; and an unplugged air conditioner turns the house cold enough to see their breath in.
Alexis wants to think that it's all in her head, but soon, what she liked to think of as silly parlor tricks are becoming life-threatening--to her, her family, and to her budding relationship with the class president. Alexis knows she's the only person who can stop Kasey -- but what if that green-eyed girl isn't even Kasey anymore? (Goodreads)

I really liked Alexis. She wasn't vulnerable or weak, and she didn't get so caught up in a relationship that it was the only important thing in her life. Plus she made me want to have pink hair...

But this book was different from others. It was a proper ghost story, and it was a nice contrast from Shade, where ghosts were purple and generally friendly, not that I didn't like Shade, because I really did, but I do like a good ghost story.

Bad Girls Don't Die had a lot of things I like in a book. Creepiness (I lost a bit of sleep after I read it...) A good plot, A romance that wasn't overplayed, A cheerleader who turned out not to be as bad as we thought she would be, A little sister who gets possessed by a homicidal, revenge driven 10 year old spirit... Overall it was a good, fast paced read which I definitely recommend if you're looking for a paranormal book that strays from the rest of the pack, or if you're a horror movie fan. 4 stars :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...