Wednesday 3 November 2010

Shade review

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last. 

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone. 

Well, sort of. 

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost. 

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit. 

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift. (Goodreads)


I love the idea for this book. I like the idea that Aura isn't particularly special and she doesn't have to keep any secrets about her ability to see ghosts. Because everyone can. And as soon as I read the first page I knew I was going to like Aura, though I so think she should end up with Zachary. I mean I'm just not feeling the whole ghost-lovin'. I like Logan, but when he goes all shady and gets all jealous and whatever, I'm just not feeling it.


The plot was interesting too. I like all the  fact that there was an almost scientific reason for the Shift. And the DMP. The fact that most of the time the threat was human, or Logan turning into a shade. I was emotionally connected to the characters as well. When Logan died, I nearly cried. I didn't expect him to go the way he did... Very sad :(


I really enjoyed Shade, and the ending definitely left room for a sequel, but I really don't like the cover... I probably wouldn't have read it if I hadn't read good reviews of it. I'm kinda obsessed with pretty covers... Its a problem. But covers aside, Shade was a good read, exciting, romantic. I give it 4 stars :D


Oh, and have you seen the cover for Jackson Pearce's book Sweetly. It's awesome. Like super awesome. seriously, I love it... Its even better then the Sisters Red cover. And I love that cover. :)




(Don't you just love that face, so cool!)
And I got Beautiful Darkness in the post today! So excited to start it. Its even shiny in all its paperbacky goodness :D Love it!

Cicely ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...