Wednesday 10 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday #6

The Iron Queen
Julie Kagawa


My name is Meaghan Chase. 

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. 

This time, there will be no turning back. (Goodreads)


I so desperately want this book. The Iron Fey is one of my favourite series at he moment. And I'm so jealous hen I see other people with a copy already... But February isn't far away. Also, have you seen that she is writing another Iron Fey book, The Iron Knight. I am so hyped for it!
And also, the cover, as always, is absolutely amazing!


Sweetly
Jackson Pearce




Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful
. (Goodreads)



I really liked Jackson's other books, and the cover for this is just so cool. I love the Witch's face on the trees. So awesome.


What are you waiting for? 


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.







5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited to read both books! I have The Iron Queen but I haven't read this since I've yet to read the other Iron Fey books. Sweetly is in my TBR list too! Great WoW picks!

    If you're interested, you can check out my WoW picks here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iron Queen series seems to be a popular WOW choice:) I really need to start this series! Are the first two books comparable to any other series?
    My WoW

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweetly sound awesome and a new title for me. I am definitely placing this on my must read list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we started blogs right around the same time! I like your picks! New follow!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read both of those books too! Looks like we have similar taste in books. =] New follower!

    Bella - www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...