Wednesday 26 January 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #17

Anna Dressed in Blood
Kendare Blake
September 2011

Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story. . . 

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. 

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. 

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


How freakin' awesome does this book sound?! And the cover is made of AMAZING. AND it's about a ghost. I LOVE ghosts! Anna sounds so brilliant as well as a character. Definitely a book I can't wait for. 


What are you waiting for?


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

12 comments:

  1. This one is on my wishlist too. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one as well, everytime I see this cover I love it even more.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just LOVE the title, soo awesome! great pick this week, the book sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you have to mention this one? I will now spend my entire day going crazy and desperately wishing this book was out yet! This is like my number one I wish it was released yet novel!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks AMAZING and I love love love the cover. Thanks so much for sharing this. You can find my WOW at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this before and am quite intrigued with the killing the dead (how do you kill the dead?)and the fact that this one girl spares the protagonists life, I definitely want to find out why! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is definitely on my list too, sounds really good and I love the creepy cover. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I wasn't sure this was my kind of book but it does sounds awesome!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely yes - this sounds SO amazing and the cover is indeed amazing. It practically gives me goosebumps just reading the summary - now that is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This books sounds incredible and I also really love the cover! I can't wait to read it! Awesome pick! : )

    My Waiting on Wednesday is:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my WoW last week! I'm dying to read it...it reminds me so much of Bloody Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very popular wishlist and wow pick for awhile, I agree it does have "something" that pulls you in and makes you want to read the book!

    My WWW/WoW post this week if you have time to check it out...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...