Friday 3 June 2011

Firefly (And How Totally Awesome I Realised It Is.)

So, yeah guys... I haven't been around much lately. I've kind of sucked at being a book blogger. I just came out of this month long reading funk and I haven't even read enough to review, but I'm not going to make excuses. Besides, this post isn't even about that. It's about what I've been doing in the midst of aforementioned reading funk.  Which is watch Firefly. For the first time. And it kinda blew me away.






I'd heard of it before. I'd heard other book bloggers mention it, and vloggers vlog about it, and they all said how amazing it was, but I didn't really know what it was about. I just thought it was a normal sci-fi, only slightly better because Joss Whedon made it. But when I started watching it, earlier this week, I fell in love with it. Like, more in love with it that Buffy, which is saying something. And I know I'm kind of late on the whole Firefly thing, seeing as it was made in 2002, but I just thought you'd like to know.


So yeah, when I started watching it, I wasn't really fully prepared for the awesome. I was expecting spaceships and aliens and laser guns. Instead, I get spaceships, horses and the odd Hawaiian shirt. Safe to say, I was pretty confused. But I kinda thought it was genius. And the further I got into it, the more awesome it got. It was funny, it was dramatic, it was clever, it was emotional. And that last episode was brilliant. Seriously amazing.


How could Fox cancel it?! Are they stupid?! It is one of the best TV shows I have seen (though bare in mind, I am 14...) And there was so much left to tell! So much that we won't know, all because it wasn't getting enough views or something. It's just such a good show! I don't think I've come across a TV show where I've genuinely loved all of the characters, even the ones who I thought would really get on my nerves like Inara or Book. *sighs* I'll just have to get over it. It happened, like, nearly ten years ago. *sad face*


Well, thanks for putting up with my Whedon-based ramblings! Now to watch Serenity, and then re-watch Buffy... :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Firefly! It is probably one of my favorite shows of all time and I am almost 30. Joss Whedon is a total genius and I can't believe it got canceled it either. I don't think they gave it near enough of a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know there's a movie right? Serenity! So good.

    We love Firefly, and we completely agree it should have gone on longer. Since it's gone, though, maybe you should check out what the alums are up to. Nathan Fillion is on Castle, which people love. Summer Glau has done Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Cape. Morena Baccarin was on (is on?) V. And Adam Baldwin is HILARIOUS in Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you havn't been blogging much! I've noticed :) ...I've heard alot about Firefly but I havn't looked into it... I'm too into my Vampire Diaries bubble :L ...I have to watch this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck yeah! The world has gained another Browncoat. :D
    Firefly is so awesome. Best. Show. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love Firefly! I first watched it at about 14 and I have gone through it at least 5 times since. (I am 17 now.) I still don't understand why it was canceled. :(
    Does anybody else think that Wash is one of the most wonderful characters ever invented?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m currently doing a rerun of all the whole season and I love it as much as for the first time. Firefly rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...