Thursday 16 June 2011

One Seriously Messed Up Week: In The Otherwise Mundane and Uneventful Life Of Jack Samsonite review

One Seriously Messed Up Week: In The.. I can't be bothered writing it all out again.... ;)
Tom Clempson
June 2nd 2011
Atom


Our hero?
Jack Samsonite
His mission?
1) pass his GCSEs
2) get the girl (to notice he exists)
3) survive the week without a serious face punching
Good thing he’s got a plan. Well, half a plan…



OSMUW is one seriously funny book. It had me laughing at practically every page, which is saying something. Books don't make me laugh a lot, but trust me, this one is HILARIOUS. I don't know if you guys have ever watched The Inbetweeners (if you haven't, GO NOW! Unless you're like, 12, or something.), but this really reminded me of it. Which is an awesome thing. The Inbetweeners is one of my favourite TV shows, and they weren't all that similar, but they have the same feel to them, and they're both laugh-your-arse-off hilarious.


So, OSMUW is the story of Sam Taylor, who for the sake of his English project (the book) has renamed himself Jack Samsonite. And it's basically his week. His crazy, shenanigan-filled, exciting, cringy, funny week. And not only is it funny, it's sweet, deep down inside ;p, and also had a twist that I did NOT see coming! Mr Clempson, that was gross... But it all ended up for the best!... Maybe... ;)


I really liked Jack. He was a complete change after reading Blood Magic, and he was so relatable! Well, apart from the whole gender gap thing, but still, I could relate to Jack a lot. He was just a normal kid, y'know. And he wasn't nice all the time or anything. He could be a bit of an arse sometimes, but not so much to make him unlikeable, just enough to make him normal ;)


One Seiriously Messed Up Week is hilarious, sweet, rude (seriously, a LOT of swearing in here, innuendo, whatnot). Plus if you don't read it, I will forever call you a gruff-nugget, and you will forever not understand. ;p 4 stars :D





2 comments:

  1. i loved this book too. i'm going to start calling people I dislike gruff nuggets and see if it catches on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i CANNOT wait to start this book, unfortunately I also couldnt wait to start forgotten too and it looked thinner... ahem.... anyway! YAY! I must start it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...