Saturday 15 October 2011

Forgotten review

Forgotten
Cat Patrick
June 7th 2011
Egmont Books


With the intrigue of "Memento" and the romance of "The Time-Traveller's Wife", "Forgotten" is the perfect YA novel.

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.



After hearing so many great things about this book from bloggers I love, and just being stupidly intrigued by the blurb, my expectations for this book were pretty high, and it did not disappoint. I didn't really know what to expect, because the blurbs pretty vague, but what I did get was totally awesome from the other books around.


I don't really know what genre it is, because although it looks like a paranormal, it isn't, though I still don't really know HOW she can remember her future, but anyway, there isn't anything supernatural in the book. Which I was kind of thinking there would be... But the whole situation of London never really being able to remember any of her past was so interesting and unique that I was just really caught up in her story.


I think London was a really interesting character, and surprisingly normal considering she couldn't remember anything... I like the notes she left for herself in the morning, and I thought it was kind of tragic, at then end of the book, where she had to live through the bad stuff that happened to her for the first time every day.  But I like how that didn't make her any weaker a person. I also liked her relationship with Luke. It was pretty unusual, seeing as she couldn't remember him from the future OR the past, so everyday she would have to relearn the fact that she had a super hot boyfriend, and it was kind of fun seeing get all excited about it every time. It happened just enough that it didn't get annoying ;)


The actual plot was really great too. I did not see most of it coming, and it was really fascinating and completely not what I was expecting! It was fast paced and the uniqueness of the book really kept me hooked :)


Forgotten is an awesome book with great characters, a great premise, and an awesome plot. I can't wait to see what Cat Patrick has in store for us next! :D

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this! I really enjoyed it. It's kinda of a psychological thriller in a way I guess...I hope we start seeing more of them!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing. I haven't heard much about it before, and to be honest it sounds really confusing with the whole "remembering her future" thing. I'm definitely going to be picking it up soon though, because like I said, I think it sounds awesome. Excellent review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this book was awesome and really unique too. I really liked that about Luke too. Wouldn't it be fun being surprised every day learning about your super-hot boyfriend? This book really surprised me in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! I keep trying to force it on everyone! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay, it sounds so good and I only heard positive things about Forgotten so far. I'll have to get my hands on a copy soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...