Saturday 4 February 2012

In My Mailbox (65)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren :)



Hello everyone! I'm BACK! And you would not believe how much I missed this! But I've had sometime to think about the blog and stuff, and with school and everything, I think that I'm just going to post as much as I can and make sure it's quality instead of posting memes all the time. I'm going to stop doing WoW posts, and I think I'll make IMM a fortnightly thing. I'm going to try and post two reviews a week, but I make no promises. I'm thinking Monday and Thurs review days, Tues top ten Tuesday days and then Sat/Sun IMM, with a discussion post thrown in every now again if I can ever thing of anything worth wile to say. So, yeah, on to the actual IMM post!

Bought:
The Agency: The Body at the Tower by Y.S. Lee (I loved the first book and if you couldn't tell I've been in a historcial/Victorian detective/mystery phase at the minute, and I'd been wanting this for a while any way, so why not!)
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (Yes, MORE Sherlock... I've kind of made a deal with myself that I'm not allowed to turn 16 unless I've read the canon. It's kind of just an excuse for me to devour them...)
Moriarty: The Hound of The D'urbervilles by Kim Newman (I've heard pretty good things about this, also, I just liked the sound of it. Also, Sherlock.)

Gifted:
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott (Thanks to Kirsty at The Overflowing Library for this! She sent me an awesome package full of awesome swag along with this and I happy danced a little...) 

What did you get in your mailbox?

10 comments:

  1. Very nice haul. Somewhat diverse selection of books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the first book in The Agency but had to return it to my library before I could finish, bummer! I'm so happy you loved the first one enough to read the second, I definitely need to read it! have a great weekend Cicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of books this week, I hope you enjoy the Sherlock books, I adored them when I was younger. Have you watched/liked the recent BBC remake of Sherlock?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Sherlock! xD Are the books good? I've only read one of them and it was ageeesss ago so I can't remember if I liked them or not ;) Living Dead Girl looks amazing, will be looking out for your review of that! :) Happy reading Cic, glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helllo! *welcomes you back* You and your Sherlock and detective-y books, hahahaha!! I hope you enjoy them very much! I've heard Living Dead Girl is really awesome, and just the title is creepy :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books. I'm intrigued by the Y S Lee books just because of you!! Must get them when I can.

    Lovely to have you back in blogging land :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing books! Such a great haul this week. I've heard that Living Dead Girl is meant to be amazing - I would love to read that one sometime soon. Enjoy everything!

    It's been nice visiting you!
    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, I LOVE that you're reading Sherlock Holmes! Living Dead Girl sounds really good as well. Your new blogging schedule sounds totally manageable; hope it works for you!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! Lol how long til you turn 16? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. anabolic steroids
    You have got a effective web page here! might you want to offer some guest material on my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...