Tuesday 7 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give To Someone Who 'Doesn't Like To Read'

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that we'd give to someone who claimed that they didn't like to read.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This is the book that I give to anyone who says they don't like books. They usually take their words back by the time they're finished.

2. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. This was the series that got me back into reading, and the few people I have lent them too seemed to be as hooked as I was ;)

3.  Divergent by Veronica Roth. Another book I make sure to give people if they liked THG. They usually like Divergent too. A lot.

4. Any and all John Green books. Because John Green.

5. Harry Potter. Again, no explanation required.

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. If someone was a bit wary of reading 'girly books', I think I could sway their opinion with this.. Also, it's just a super quick, lovely read.

7. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Another super quick, adorable read, that I think most people who claimed not to like books would like.

8. Sarah Dessen books. While some of them can be a little bit difficult to get into, they are all very accessible, relatable books, and I haven't read one that I didn't like (being that I've only read 6)


9.  Torn by Cat Clarke. A taught, engaging read that any reluctant reader would be gripped by.


10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This is one series I need to force people to read. Fast paced and gripping, with the bonus of Dimitri, who in their right mind would say no? ;)

7 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games is such an exciting and fast paced book, what's not to love!? Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is accessibility that I look for with reluctant readers. Very tricky.

    Here's my Top Ten List of Books I'd Hand to Nonreaders.

    I'd like to invite you to sign up for my February Giveaway! Win All Kinds of Kisses or a $25 Amazon gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I've read the first 2 and totally agree - and a few of the others are on my to be read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Torn at the moment, it's so good. John Green and Sarah Dessen are amazing! I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss... Great picks.(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had quite a few similar ones. I didn't even think about Paranormalcy but that's a great suggestion!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vampire Academy. Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I've been trying to tell my friend to read them. She has a Kindle, but says she doesn't like reading (which REALLY annoys me) so I'm trying to show her some good books. I love this list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read any John Green. I've heard he's amazing! I don't think I've read any Sarah Dessen either, and she is a YA contemporary leader. I love YA Contemporary! Hmm, I think i need a trip to Amazon. I should lift my book buying ban...just for a few new books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...