Tuesday 21 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Save From an Alien Invasions (Or Some Such Awful Eventitude)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers make lists about books and other suitably bookish things. This week we're doing books that we'd save from an alien invasion...

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Of course I would save these books! Where would I be without them :)

2. Matilda by Roald Dahl. One of my favourite books from when I was younger. I don't think I could leave without taking my copy of it.

3. The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices books by Cassie Clare. I have them signed. They must come with me, because I don't think I'll be getting more signed any time soon.

4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I'm not really that sure why, it just feels kind of special, I guess?

5. Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle. You guys know of my Sherlock thing by now right?

6. Edgar Allen Poe. I wouldn't take Edgar Allen Poe with me, obviously. He's dead. But I think his dark stories would make a great companion for whatever forthcoming apocolypse that happens! ;)

7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Light and shade, light and shade. That's all I'm saying.

8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Light and shade and cancer. Those are the three kinds of books you need in the apocalypse. Maybe we could get the aliens to read it and they'd be temporarily blinded by their tears!

Um, I'm not very good at these kinds of lists! I don't know if you can tell, but I don't really have 'special' books that I can't live without... I'd rather just heave my whole bookshelf around with me!

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I'd rather save my entire bookshelf than just a few books! I forgot about my Sherlock book, I think it's because it's not on my bookshelf, so it doesn't really count! Haha! :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definetly take the Hunger Games and Clockwork Angel with me! :) You can see my bloghere! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love every single one of the books on it!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've cheated and grouped series together ;) I'd definitely have to save Cassie Clare's books though, and SRB's books too...and probably Anna and the French Kiss...great list

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Love your choice of Matilda - that was one of my childhood favorites as well! Here is my list if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesday-books-worth-saving.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also included Anna & the French Kiss - my copy has a fair amount of notes in it. Sentimental value, you know?

    the novels I'd save

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...