Saturday 3 March 2012

In My Mailbox (67)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren (though I've now taken the liberty of doing it fortnightly) 



Sorry about the blurry picture! My laptop camera is really awful...

For review:
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (This looks awesome! I love the idea behind it. Thanks to Random House!)
Fever by Lauren DeStefano ( I literally just finished Wither today, so I should be getting around to this soon! Thank you HarperCollins!)
Advent by James Treadwell (This looks like a great fantasy! Thank you Hodder!)
The Flappers: Vixen by Jillian Larkin (Yay the 1920's! Love the sound of this. Again, thank you Random House!)
Torn by Amanda Hocking (I haven't gotten around to switched yet, but I really must! Thank you Macmillan)

Bought:
Department 19 by Will Hill (This was only £1 because of World Book Day, as well as The Name of The Star! Bargain!)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (with the film coming out at some point, I felt the need to read it soon.)
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (I love the sound of this and The cover is so pretty!)
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arther Conan Doyle (need I explain again? ;P)
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale (Not pictured. I went to her 2nd launch party yesterday and it was lovely, and she signed my book, so yay!)

I think I'm going to go on a book buying ban soon. I think I have more unread books than read books... ;) Also, check out my books for trade just in case you want any :)

14 comments:

  1. I love looking at mailboxes. Always gives me new ideas as to what I want to read next and discover some great new writers. Come check out my mailbox as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, The Perks of Being a Wallflower is REALLY awesome! And yay Fever, I need to read Wither soon, LOL. Code Name Verity sounds really interesting... *goes to check it out*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Vixen! :D It is SO GOOD! Can't wait to read Struck and Fever - they look amazing xD Also, yay for finishing Wither! Awesome mailbox, hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading Cicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo jealous of Struck, it sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it! I really enjoyed Advent, and Fever and TNotS look great as well (got TNotS and Department 19 for £1 each at Waterstones too :P). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I am so so so jealous of Code Name Verity! It just looks SOOOO good. Sigh, I wish it was out in the States.

    Happy reading :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Fever even though I haven't even read Wither yet! I just love the covers. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-24-winner.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1984! i read that at uni and it scared me silly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered a copy of FEVER off Amazon. And VIXEN looks SO good!

    PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER is an funny little book - it is very original but good. I can't wait for the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab IMM! I have Wither, so not quite ready for Fever, but heard nothing but good about them both. Perks of Being a Wallflower sounds fun, and congrats on getting Someone Else's Life signed.

    Kat@ YA's the Word
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got TNotS too! Total bargain. Lol more Sherlock Holmes for you ;) Hope you enjoy everything!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! You got lots! I need to go on a book ban in general I think, I only bought 3 last week and still ended up with a huge pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Verity!!!! plan on getting that soon. looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, Torn! I still have to read Switched, too, but I'm hoping my library might get it soon. I'd like to read Vixen, it sounds fun. Enjoy all your books!

    My IMM is here.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  14. anabolic steroids
    Best desires on having 1 of the most impressive blogs Ive appear throughout in some time! Its just awesome how very much you can take away from a aspect generally because of how successfully amazing it’s. You have put with each other an outstanding web site place –great style, movies, framework. This is certainly a must-see weblog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...