Sunday 13 May 2012

Letterbox Love #2


Letterbox Love is the UK equivalent to In My Mailbox hosted by Lynsey at Narratively Speaking :)



Bought:
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting 
Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne (both signed)

Borrowed:
Unrest by Michelle Harrison (the awesome Bella (Cheezyfeet Books) lent me this today! I'll explain everything in a minute)

For Review:
Emma <3 LA by Keris Stainton (Already read and loved it. I love Keris and her books and couldn't resist starting as soon as I got it! Thank you Hachette!)

So, yesterday, I went to the second Creative Voices event at Foyles where Tanya Byrne, Kimberly Derting, Cat Clarke and James Dawson were talking about their publication journeys and reading parts from their books and then signing them. Loads of lovely bloggers came along too, namely (and I'm sorry if I leave anyone out) Bella, Nina, Kirsty, Sarah, Leanne (though there were more there,) and it was great to see everyone! I got all of my Body Finder books signed as well as Cat Clarke's books, and picked up HSB there too, because it sounds exactly like my kind of thing and Tanya is lovely. It was awesome getting  to chat with everyone and stuff, and I still get majorly happy when I'm getting a book signed and I say my name and they're like 'Cicely from Twitter' because I kind of don't believe that they actually, y'know, remember me and stuff. I flail in my mind every time that happens. So yeah. Thank you Foyles (mainly Neil from Foyles) for having the event and everything! It was fun :)

8 comments:

  1. Never read any of these books but I hope you'll like them :).
    Oh that even sounds amazing. A friend of mine was there !
    Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome selection! Wish i could have gone to the event.

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fab time at the Foyles event. And enjoy all those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the Foyles event! And some fab books this week - Emma <3 LA looks awesome, so does Unrest! The Pledge was pretty good too - happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! It sounds like a really really fun event. Wish I could meet Kimberly Derting, too. Love her books:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Pledge looks so good! I can't wait to start reading some of Kimberly's books. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM + Weekly Wrap Up!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-34-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books, I knew you'd love Emma and HSB is amazing!!! :D x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...