Sunday 6 January 2013

Letterbox Love #21


Letterbox Love is the UK's version of IMM, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking :)


So it's been about 3 months since I last did a Letterbox Love post, but seeing as it's January I thought that I'd start doing them again. New year and all that.

For review: Dead Romantic by C J Skuse (really excited for this, and what's even more exciting is that I got quoted! The back pages of the book are all quotes about Rockoholic and Pretty Bad Things, and I'm there! I feel a bit stupid though, because everyone else's quotes are all really clever and nice and mine is not, but whatever, I'm still VERY happy about it!)

Bought:
(not pictured) Night School: Legacy by C J Daughtery (read this, and a review should be up by about Tuesday-ish. Really good!)
Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher (I still haven't read her first book, but I really like the sound of this one. I've heard great things about it.)
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (Always been curious about this one, and it's Christmas so I thought I'd treat myself.)
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (Reading this now and really enjoying it. Very excited about her next book, Fangirl.)
Defiance by C J Redwine (Having a bit of a fantasy thing at the minute. After E&P I don't think I'll be reading a contemp for a while.)
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (Again, fantasy! Always liked the look of this one though.)

What did you get this week? :)

5 comments:

  1. Ive hardly even heard of most of these! I got Dead Romantic too though and I just finished Night School, cant wait to read Legacy! I think I need to check out Eleanor and Park too! I hopeyou enjoy these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead Romantic is soo good, omg! I've had Eyes Like Stars since it came out, and still haven't read it, I must do that soon!

    AND YAY YOU GOT ELEANOR & PARK--THIS MAKES ME SO, SO HAPPY AHHHH!!!!! I hope you love it and everything you got in the past three months, haha ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of many of these but they do sound great! It's really great that you got quoted! It's something that I would like to have been one day and I love checking through books to see if I can recognise any of the names! I still need to read some of C.J. Skuse's books!

    Lovely haul! :)

    New follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Grave Mercy on my radar for a while, I really will have to check it out sometime.
    My Letterbox Love post is here.
    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Dead Romantic too - it looks awesome! YAY for being quoted!! That's AMAZING :D Let me know what you think of Eyes Like Stars - I've had it for about a year now and I still haven't read it although it sounds really good... Oh well, nothing new there! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...