Wednesday 1 May 2013

Monthly Round-Up: April

Hello! And so, another month ends. I'm still sort of figuring stuff out with the round-up posts and this is only going to be a quick one, seeing as I'm meant to be on a bit of a break and whatnot.

Books read in April: 

The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning
Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Touch of Power by Maria V Snyder
Kite Spirit by Sita Brahmachari

Total: 8

A pretty good month for me reading wise! I started off really well because of the holidays, but since I went back to college I haven't had half as much time to read and the weather's been really nice lately, and do you ever get that thing where it's sunny and you just don't want to do anything? Yeah... I'm just trying to come up with lame excuses for my laziness...

Book of the Month (without a doubt):


Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson 

Reviews Posted:



So, I've not really been up to much else this April, and this next month I'm going to spending revising... Not really got much to actually say that might be of any interest that is happening in my life right now! I am a very boring person with a very boring life.

But how about that Doctor Who, eh? Would it be too far to say that I think there have actually been a few decent episodes? Last week's was especially good, though what was up with that ending again! Why oh why can they never get the endings right... And Game of Thrones! I can't believe I'm even talking about the two in the same paragraph. I love DW, I (probably) always will, but GoT is just so much better. JAMIEEEEE!

Also regarding the tellybox, Parks & Recreation, possibly one of the funniest, most loveable tv shows in all the world, has been airing in the UK on BBC4 (Weds, 10pm) and if you haven't been watching then you're missing out (and you really should because it's a great show and everyone should watch it.)

Happy May Day!

2 comments:

  1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns looks amazing and the cover is gorgeous. You've had a really good April, Cicely! Best wishes for May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for GOFAT! And Doc Who! And GoT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...