Sunday 3 November 2013

Monthly Round Up: September and October

So, things have kind of been a bit slow on the blog lately, haven't they? I wish I could blame college but I think I'm just having a bit of a blogging slump, so there isn't really much for me to round up but I'm going to do it anyway. It's been too long since I last posted anything... Sorry about that. But anyway!


Books read:

September
Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
Raw Blue by Kirsty Eager
Geek Girl (reread) by Holly Smale
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

October
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Wonder Woman volume 1 by Brian Azzarello
Hawkeye Volume 1 by Matt Fraction
Hawkeye volume 2 by Matt FractionTiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel by Ransom Riggs
Young Avengers volume 1 by Kieron GillanWild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Total: 14

Books reviewed:

September
United We Spy by Ally Carter
Briar Rose by Jana Oliver
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

October
Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Favourite Books



These were really hard to choose because I have genuinely adored most of the books that I've read these past two months, but I think that This Song Will Save Your Life and Fangirl just edged it for me. Plus look at those beautiful covers.








So yeah, I wasn't really up to that much these past two months. It looks like I've read more than I have because I've been reading a lot of comics lately, and I probably shouldn't count them but I'm going to anyway. I might do a round up post of mini reviews for all the comics because I kind of want to talk about them a bit more. I think I'm also going to try and do a post about Sleepy Hollow because these days all I ever really want to talk about is Sleepy Hollow. But seeing as last month I literally only posted 3 reviews (that's not even a review a week), I wouldn't get my hopes up..

Sorry about being so slack lately, but I think I'm just in a bit of a blogging/reading slump and I will hopefully be back to normal soon! I might even start commenting on other peoples posts again, which I haven't done for ages... Whoops. 

So, yeah! That's sort of it, I guess. Here's hoping November is a bit better, eh?



2 comments:

  1. You did pretty good and read some awesome books! I, too, am in a blogging slump (though not a reading one) and it is making me sad! I hope we both sort ourselves out soon! I definitely think you should count comics ;) also, if you haven't already, you should totally read the Skulduggery Pleasant series. I am loving it SO MUCH right now and I feel like you would love it too.


    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no need to apologize. Everyone goes through cycles. Your reviews have been great. And hey, lots of peeps love Sleepy Hollow! Talk away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...