Saturday 1 March 2014

Monthly Round-up: February

February started off as a really slow month for me, but in like the past week and a half (coincidentally the same week and a half that I should have been revising for mocks) I read a load of books, so it was surprisingly good! Apart from that, I haven't really done much of anything all month, so I probably won't have a lot to talk about here.


Books Read:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April G Tucholke
Smuggler's Kiss by Marie Louise Jensen
Trouble by Non Pratt
Spy Society by Robin Benway
Banished by Liz De Jager 
Cress by Marissa Meyer

Total: 9 (which is a lot for me by normal length month standards, so I'm pretty happy!)

Books Reviewed:
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Trouble by Non Pratt

Weird, I felt like I posted more that I actually did this month. Maybe one year I'll actually manage to be productive instead of just thinking I'm being productive... But yeah, I would have done more this week, but again, mocks are kind of taking up my time right now. But next month, hopefully!

Book of the Month:


Code Name Verity, obviously. Though I did read some really great books this month so it was quite hard to pick. None of them gave me quite the emotional punch to the gut that I got from Verity, though. This sounds pathetic, but I can't talk about That Moment without tearing up.

Didn't do much else this month, though I did go to Liz's launch for Banished (her awesome book which came out on the 27th which you should probably most definitely buy and read) which was a lot of fun! Plus there were Banished cookies, which were fabulous, and I got to see and talk to and meet a bunch of people which was really nice.

Also, I was maybe possibly going to start doing like a monthly In My Mailbox/Letterbox Love thing here instead because I've seen a couple of people doing it and think it might be a good idea! So, here's all the books I got this month :)


Bought:
Young Avengers v2 by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie
Banished by Liz de Jager
Cress by Marissa Meyer
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
The Bone Dragon by Alexia Casale
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

Review:
Trouble by Non Pratt 
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (thanks Waker for these two!)
Theodore Boone: The Activist by John Grisham (thanks Hodder!)
Taken by David Massey 
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
Where the Rock Splits the Sky by Philip Webb
The Glass Bird Girl by Esme Kerr (thanks Chicken House for these four!)

Going to try not to be any books in March, but I can promise nothing. My TBR is kind of ridiculously huge but my problem is that I'm pretty never in the mood for any of them which is why I always buy more and it's just a vicious cycle. 

Anyway, that was my February! How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. So glad CNV was your fave book this month! I loved it a lot. And Trouble! SO GOOD. Sad I didn't make it to the Banished launch to see you.

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...